Saturday 12 April 2008

Finding My Feet in Santiago

I have finally got myself a place to stay and found some work. I'm living in Providencia which is a nice neighbourhood and a bit safer than where I was living before. I've got four students, one of them being my landlady who I am teaching in return for food. I have Mondays and Fridays free from classes so far which gives me time to travel if I want. I went to la Serena last weekend with my Dutch friend Marja. We did pretty much everything there is to do around there and I definitely want to go back.

I went to Vina del Mar yesterday to visit Rachel who I met in Pucon the second time I was there and to go to the beach. We had a couple of hours of sun before it clouded over. We went to meet her other room mates in a bar called Cafe Journal and I drank lot of Pisco which, for your information, gives you a TERRIBLE hangover. I had to go back to bed today when I got back as I was feeling atrocious.

It was the first cloudy day today and it looked as if it was going to rain but not a drop. Aparently it rains alot in April. They have a saying like ours (April showers) which is mil lluvias (thousand rains.).

I am still laking a camera and so will add photos when I get round to buying one. In the meantime I'm relying on other people's photos. Marja is going to burn me a copy of our La Serena journey onto a CD so hopefully that will be getting added soon.

No comments: