Tuesday 22 April 2008

More photos on the Quinta Un-Normal

These short stories are part of a competition in Santiago and they were displaying some of them in the Metro of Quinta Normal. I translated two of them roughly:








Vacaciones en la luna - Holidays to the Moon
This year my family are planning to go to the moon. My mum told me that I could invite a friend if I wanted, so I don't get bored, she thinks of course. The truth is that I'm not that enthusiastic, I don't know, I've never really much liked leaving the plannet, I prefer eating noodles with sauce and cheese. In the end my friend said that she'd really like to go but she told me that I would need a new bikini, they say that on the moon women are very beautiful, but I don't think so. We are going to stay in The Armstrong Hotel and we're going to travel by Pullmanmoon (I hope they have toilets!) I will bring back a melon.

Mi increible papa-My incredible dad
I live with my dad in a small appartment where the streets Portugal and Avenida Matta cross. He works all day and gets home late. He's always got bags under his eyes but he smiles everytime that he sees me. He puts me to bed and stays with me telling me stories until I go to sleep. One night I pretended to be asleep and got up to see what he was doing. I discovered him putting on his special suit. A wig and make-up protect his secret identity and he carries all his equipment and appliances in a briefcase. He goes out like this every night. My dad is a super hero.

No comments: