Friday 14 March 2008

Journey to Santiago

I got on a bus at 10am and we left pretty promptly. I was sitting next to an old lady (again) who was chatting about the weather and making small talk which I usually enjoy but with a ten or so hour journey ahead I didn't want to launch into any kind of dialogue so I politely excused myself and put on my headphones. Thankfully my ipod lasted most of the way excluding our lunchbreak in Chillan and a quick stop in Talca.
The view from the window was amazing except I was on the wrong side for the mountains and the old lady next to me nicked my seat which was a window one. She got off at Talca which I think is where my camera disappeared in the comotion of people getting off the bus. Well, good luck to whoever has it. It's broken and there's no charger so they'll be disappointed. Maybe they can get something for the memory card though if they can work out how to delete the photos.
We finally got in to Santiago at about 7.30pm. I was convinced it wasn't Santiago because I was expecting towering buildings but the bus station is a good £7 (a night's accommodation in a hostel in Chile) taxi ride away from where I needed to be. I just realised that I didn't have my camera when I got in the taxi so I had to pay the driver for the short distance that I'd travelled and run back to the customer help desk where they phoned the driver and he said that nothing had been left there. Hmmm...
I was reunited with the gato demonio when I came in who soon tried to attack me for having the cheek to walk past me and who tried to get into my room and then hissed and spat when I went in there.
David rang the school Redland for me to see if there was any work but they weren't interested if it was for less than six months and I can't possibly stay here that long. I've got the travel bug.

No comments: