Tuesday 4 March 2008

Refugio Frey






I went on a hike up to Refugio Frey which is a good few hours tough hike (in my opinion) up and around a mountain but not to the top. Apparently it's one of the easiest but I'm not so sure. I went up with an English guy I met in the hostel who has been going lots of trekking and so had no problem alomst running up. He was a good pacer I suppose. At the top there was a refugio (refuge) which really was a refuge as I was really exhausted. There was a lagoon (full of melt water I suppose from the snow) and I had a dip. Pretty cold. A girl from the shore told me I was 'loca' (mad). Good observation. I also bumped into an English couple who had been travelling for a while in south america and they told me their stories and recommendations of places to go on the descent. We all just managed to get back down the bottom to catch the bus back into town. I certainly won't be doing a hike like that any time soon. White-water rafting the next day!

1 comment:

Leo said...

I like those spikey mountains! And that water looks freezing. You're certainly making good use of all your mountain equipment.