Sunday 30 March 2008

More markets and flat hunting

I went to another market with Kathy and tried this weird soup stuff made with cold water, honey, dried apricots and prunes and grains which was tasty but too weird of an idea to really enjoy it so Kathy finished the rest off. There were loads of cops in riot gear standing around the banks who look like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and actually the Chileans call them ‘tortugas de ninja’ or something so I wasn’t far off.
In the evening I went to look at a room in a flat rented by two Chilean guys. The flat was cheap and pretty basic but very cheap and it would be nice to practice my Spanish with my flatmates. I told them that I was seeing another flat in Provedencia the next day though so could tell them yes, or no on Friday.

No comments: