Saturday 8 March 2008

Beach and shopping

I got up early to get my ticket to Pucon and then headed back into town to do some shopping (clothes) because the clothes in Argentina are way cheaper and better made than in Chile. I went to the cathedral which was pretty but not really special too. Then I headed out of town to a nearby beach which was OK but not great. Pucon is waiting for me.
On my way back I met Javier (an Argentinian guy who had been staying in the same hostel as me in Junin) and took him up to my hostel to see if there was room for him too. In the evening I had dinner in the kitchen with the Argentinians staying there and really practised my Spanish. One of them was very strange and told me that Argentina had no capital which of course provoked a heated discussion as there were other Argentinians present but I did learn something interesting from him about colour theory and he told me that when people dress themnselves they should pintar los ojos (paint your eyes.). OK, maybe another day. I don't really have time to think about colour coordinating whilst travelling.

No comments: