Sunday 30 March 2008

Mercurio and flat hunting

I went to put an add in the Mercurio for Saturday, Sunday and Monday advertising my services as an English teacher which was a pretty good price seeing as I had quite a few words. I went to the pre-columbian museum where there were lots of pots and figures and some textiles and good explanations of what they were and why they were made that way.
In the evening I went to see another flat in Provedencia which belonged to Patty’s (Raquels’s friend who is also an English teacher) friend and had my tandem with Patty which means that I speak castellano / Spanish with her and then we speak English so we both get to practice. The flat was much nicer that the one before, the neighborhood is nicer and I would have my own bathroom and breakfast provided in the morning as well as use of the kitchen and washing machine. It was a little bit more expensive than the other one.
After that Patty gave me a lift to Marja’s and Aranca’s house and I went out to Subterraneo with Aranca and her other German friend from the Goethe Institut. I had to leave pretty soon after we arrived though as I had an early start in the morning.

No comments: