Sunday 30 March 2008

Interview and pizza

I went in the the Instituto Britanico to talk to Raquel’s classes about myself and teaching which was a bit of a shock after only three hours sleep but it seemed to go really well and the students were interested and as they were all training to be teachers they all had lots of questions for me.
After that I went to Grant’s English which is a company which sends English teachers to businesses like Johnson and Johnson to teach private or small group lessons. They said that they were worried about hiring me for only three months as said that they weren’t sure if they could get someone to replace me but said they had some classes which would be over before the end of June. So I’m going in on Tuesday morning to teach a trial lesson so they can see I’m not totally incompetent.
There were more Ninja Turtles around and apparently Friday was the day when they were rioting about the transport system so there was tear gas on the metro in the morning and in the centre. Despite having been in the centre all morning I saw none of this.
I phoned Patty’s friend, Maria-Teresa and told her that I would take the flat and texted Cristian (the Chilean guy who wanted to rent the flat in Plaza Italia) to say I wouldn’t be taking the room and he was very graceful about it and congratulated me on finding a flat.
I finally gave in to my cravings and had a Dominoes pizza with a couple of people in my dorm. Mmm. Pizza.

No comments: