Wednesday 12 March 2008

Last day of Pucon and half a night bus

Everyone from the dorm left early in the morning so I got up to say goodbye. It was supposed to be nice so my plan was to go to the beach but the sun was a bit lazy in coming up. I went into town for a walk around and thought about going in to see the education govenor in the municipalidad to see if there were any jobs going. He was out visiting schools though but I got as far as his desk and the lady said I didn't need to make an appointment, I just needed to come back later which I intended to but the beach was too nice.
Tashi and I ate in a restaurant in town and then headed down to the beach for a spot of people watching and sunbathing. We were followed by three dogs who must have realised just how cool we were because they were growling at the other dogs who tried to join us and one of them even stayed at the beach with us and followed Tash some of the way home. I will miss those dogs!
I got on a bus for Temuco (it in fact goes all the way to Viña del Mar which is miles away-about twelve hours) and had a semi-cama seat which is a seat that half reclines as opposed to turning into a full bed. An old lady got on next to me and started chatting about this and that in castellano so I got to practise my Spanish again. I arrived in Temuco at ten and went to a really nice hotel as I hadn´t had very much sleep over the past few days and thought I'd pamper myself.


No comments: