Thursday 20 March 2008

A day by the pool and St. Patrick's Day madness

I chilled out by the pool most of the day after an interview with another school but the same thing. They are interested but they would want me for a year minimum. They suggested I did private lessons (clases particulares) though and the lady (another Cecilia) said she would take my cell number and pass it on to people she knew.
I met a German and an Austrian and then cooked dinner with them. Well I didn't do any cooking, I just sat back and watched. Much better. I wouldn't wish my cooking on anyone anyway.
We joined the Irish at the pool bar and then later on went on to an Irish pub which was insane. There were Chileans doing Irish dancing and playing the bagpipes (I thought the latter was Scottish?) and then it all got a bit more rowdy and there were people standing on chairs shouting their heads off and chanting and then a really drunk New Zealand guy fell over a table and knocked all these glasses over. He broke one of our Irish friend's sunglasses and they said it was time to go. They said that they had never had to leave an Irish pub on St. Patrick's day. Crazy!

No comments: