Wednesday 12 March 2008

Temuco

I moved to an affordable hospedaje run by and old woman in a really old house with high ceilings and immediately felt more at home than the hotel. I am a true traveller now! I went to the regional museum which was being renovated so didn´t really see anything much but the building was nice.
I took a taxi up to the top of cerro ñielol and then treked down in flip flops. Not sensible. I went to the conaf lodge half way down for some info and it turns out that there are some wild cats living there and they're big! I walked really quietly but only saw some little birds in the bushes making enough noise to be a big cat.
I wondered around town and then had a siesta at the hostel completely unintentionally! I am turning into a south american too.
I get my bus back to Santiago tomorrow so it's my last day of being a traveller. I'm quite sad.

1 comment:

Tom said...

don't be sad sis! i'm sure santiago will be super fun. sounds like you had a great trip you lucky thing. bet yo're gutted you didn't see the wild cats...

got sophie's bday stuff this weekend, so i've got a nice break from the hard work i've been doing towards that essay i told you about. monday and tuesday should be enough to get it done.

speak soon x