Wednesday 6 February 2008

Arrival in Chile

I arrived in Santiago at 9.40 on Tuesday morning. The flight wasn't too bad as I took some homeopathic sleeping pills and slept most of the way.
Cecilia met me from the airport and took me back to her house where I'm going to be staying until Friday. She's got broadband so I'm taking advantage of it at the moment. We met one of her daughters Rosio for lunch at a really fancy shopping mall (where I probably won't be going shopping because it's more expensive than England.). In the evening Rosio took me for a tour round the centre and showed me all the nice places and then we met her friends for a drink at El Toro, who were lovely and to whom I spoke Spanish, and I had my first Pisco Sour (unbelievably sour and very strong!) and some empanaditas (which for those of you who don't know are little pies) with cheese in the middle. Delicious.
Today Cecilia and I are supposed to be going to see one of Pablo Neruda's houses but it's pretty cold and then this afternoon Rosio and her friend Juan Carlos are taking me for more of a tour around the city again to some emporium (I don't know if I understood correctly.).

1 comment: