Friday 29 February 2008

Junín

I got up at six to get the bus to Junín de los Andes in Argentina. Cesar was going that way too so we got the bus together. We were making good progress through Chile and out of Chile but when we came to entering Argentina the Argentinians who were with us were having problems because there was no record on their passports or on the computers that they had ever left Argentina so we were there for nearly an hour waiting for the problem to be sorted out. It was one more hour to Junín and we pulled up at the bus station. Cesar took me and the German family on the bus to a hostel that he'd stayed in before run by an Argentinian family (just the brothers and sisters) and I got used to the accent again.
We had some REALLY GOOD empanadas in a cafe near the hostal and then wondered down to the tourist office to find out about hikes and then the river where we met a nice little stray dog who kept wiping his feet. I'm not sure how long I'm going to spend here because it is REALLY quiet, all the holiday makers have gone as today is the last day of the holidays for most and it's going to rain tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All sounds wonderful! What strikes me from your pix is how clear the air and sky seem. I'd love to see the stars there. Miss you, lol Mum