Tuesday 19 February 2008

The beautiful beach and afternoon tea

My last day here in Llanquihue. We all drove down to a stoney beach on the shores of the lake and an amazing view of the volcano. I swam and sunbathed! The first really warm day. At six when everyone was getting a little bit tired we headed up the hill to a place called Bellavista where you could take afternoon tea or once. I ate loads of cake and bread and drank lots of hot chocolate-no need for dinner after that although some of our party still managed to squeeze it in.
After dinner we said our goodbyes to get a good night's sleep for the journey ahead the next day. I'm off to Ancud on the island of Chiloé and Castro and then am heading back on to the mainland to a place called Futalefú where I may persuade myself to do some white-water rafting.
I'm stuck in the lovely little town of Frutillar which is really German in terms of architecture and food and until my bus leaves this evening. So I'm off to enjoy the little beach and the views of the volcano with my picnic for a few hours.
Photos to follow.

No comments: