Friday 15 February 2008

Punta Arenas 1


I arrived at Punta Arenas in the afternoon after a delayed flight. It was cold and pretty similar to England including the rain but as I was driving past the fields in my taxi with two Ozzies who I met at the airport, I saw my first lamas. My hostel was great and the hostess booked taxis and stuff for me and in the evening I met lots of travellers who gave me advice about where to visit.I went for a walk around town and it wasn't long before I was I sheltering from the rain in an internet cafe. I walked to the top of the hill (everything in Chile seems to go from up to down because of the mountains)to get a better view and it looked really bleak. Not somewhere I wanted to spend much time. So I got the bus to Ushuaia (which incidentally is in Argentina-sorry Chile, only my fourth day and I'm crossing the boarder)the next day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sos una boluda ya! mira el pelo sin el alisador de cabello...linda

Zoe said...

I just looked up boluda by the way, it means 'jerk, good-for-nothing, prick'-thanks a lot boludo :)