Friday 29 February 2008

Arrival in Pucón

I spent the day travelling from Castro to Pucón which included an eight hour bus ride with no water and then a stop over in a ghost town and another bus under the beautiful stars. I arrived in Pucón pretty tired and followed the map in my guidebook for the hostel that I had booked. Unfortunately the hostal had moved and had it been daylight I would have seen the big sign on the other side of the road telling me to go to the new address but I didn't so I was walking around for forty-five minutes with a huge backpack.
I eventually found the hostal down an unpaved street which I was sure was the wrong one but lo and behold, there it was. Donde Germán. I got a bed in the dorm and met the characters that I would be spending my next days with.
The next day Marja, Sebastian and I went into town to book tours and trips and then I went to the beach (of another lake) and took in the sun. We ate together in the evening in the lovely big kitchen in the hostel and shared stories but it was early as possible to bed as Marja and I were going to climb the volcano the next day.

No comments: