Sunday 17 February 2008

The Really Big Forest

We were joined by two more people from our party (Rolando and Matias-I hope I spellt those right) on a trip to a huge game park about an hour away. It was again a bone shaking ride, this time in a truck on bumpy gravelly roads but it was worth it when we got there. We had lunch at a picnic spot and saw some teeny tiny pupies which I didn't manage to get photos of but they didn't have tails and nor did their mum. We hiked into the forest along a track to get to a lake. It took a good couple of hours there and back and I was ready to ungracefully get into the lake to have a dip. The water was perfect and I drank it too but there was a lot of weed which was a bit disconcerting so I didn't swim about much. I am reassured that there are no really bad snakes in Chile though and that the dangerous spiders live in houses.
After dinner I played dominoes with Andy, Alejandro, Rolando and Matias but it turned into memory with two sets instead as it was obviously too easy. I was well ready to crash in my big double fold out bed in the middle of the lounge though after all that treking. I'll be in good shape by the time I leave Chile.

No comments: