Sunday 17 February 2008

Punta Arenas...again

After several hours of working out the best way to get up to the lakes I decided it best to take the bus back to Punta Arenas (twelve, bone-shaking hours) and clambered aboard a coach. I met a nice English girl on the coach who had been travelling Argentina and who was surprised to meet an English person and I met two Israelis who ended up staying in the same hostel as me in Punta Arenas. So, I joined them on a trip the next day so see the Magalanic penguins. Oh, wow! I have never seen so many! And in the wild! They were hilarious to begin with and when I work out how to upload my video I will but after half an hour I just got a bit spoilt and though-yeah, another penguin. I haven't finished with penguins yet though. I plan to go to Chiloe where they have more. I ate lunch with the Israelis and then got on a plane from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt in the Chilean lake district (with a pretty similar temperature to ours but more spectacular scenerey and more sun) where I was met by my dad's friend David.

2 comments:

Tom said...

which part of you did she eat? was it even you, or was there like a smorgasbord of tastes of the world on the coach?

hehe!

sounds like a hell trip - 12 hrs! whew!

Zoe said...

Thanks for pointing that out. I must have been hungry when I was writing it!